Thursday, January 10, 2008

Working For The Lord

“Whatever you do work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.”
Colossians 3:23-24


I am so excited right now! I had a wonderful meeting with someone who is helping Leigh and I with our ministry, Speaking Thru Me. I am a visionary person and don’t have a clue about details. So, I’ve found someone willing to help us in that area. I met with her for nearly 3 hours and she was drawing and diagramming and brainstorming all the needs of our ministry. It was so cool to see how a detailed person’s brain works!!! Ha! I loved it:)

All I know is that I feel called to teach God’s Word, be part of a ministry and write a little. I don’t know anything about legal issues, forms, contracts, organizational structures, web sites and so on. But, just because that stuff doesn’t come easy for me (boy, that sounds like a lot of stuff that doesn’t come easy for me!!) – does not mean that I don’t have to do any of it OR dread doing it.

God’s Word asks us in whatever we do – to do it for the Lord. I’ve realized that for me, I can’t just say “I’m in ministry”, and set back and not do anything about it. I need to continue sharpening my speaking skills, I need to attend conferences and network with others in ministry, I need learn more about the computer (yuck – not my favorite thing ….but, I must remember….. I’m working for the Lord!), and I need to put into practice some time management skills to better balance family and ministry.

BUT – God is teaching me something else that is very important. ANY work that I do, not just ministry stuff, but in all work I’m serving Him.

That’s hard to grasp when it’s 1:00 AM and someone around age 3 can’t go to sleep. It’s hard to grasp when the dishes are touching the ceiling. It’s hard to grasp when a particular 8 year old can’t understand her math homework no matter how many different ways I’ve explained it!

BUT – what I’m starting to hear is:
Ginger, your little boy needs you. He won’t be 3 forever, what’ s so wrong with missing a little sleep to assure him of your love. Enjoy this time with him.

Ginger, I know you hate the dishes – but a clean house is so important to your husband. When you honor him, you are also honoring Me.

Ginger, be patient. She has such a tender heart and your tone is not helping calm her with her homework. Believe Me, you can be pretty difficult yourself sometimes!

So I’m learning, situation by situation, to strive and work for the Lord. Not for myself, not for others – but for our God.

“Heavenly Father, I am difficult! Work isn’t always fun. It can be frustrating and overwhelming. You know all the “work” that lies ahead of me in the coming weeks. God – I give my time to you. Show me ways to work efficiently. Lord, as I go about my MANY household tasks – remind me who I am ultimately serving. Amen.”


2 comments:

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

holy cow woman!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was thinking the smae very things this morning. i was in Col. 3:17. This is awesome!!! God is teaching us the same things at the same time. wow wow wow!! i love it!!!

I went to my church today and prayed at the alter for you and ministry and everything!! it was such a sweet, sweet time. I am not trying to sound high and mighty about going to my church - it is open all the itme for that very thing.

love you dear... make sure you are assigning to me my stuff with the marketing lady. I want to help where i can!!! But we now know website is not my place. I am prasiing Him for you!!!

Valarie said...

Don't you love when God confirms your plans! I mean, look at how He's speaking to you and Leigh about the SAME things!! LOVE THAT!!!

I was also at church praying this morning for our ministry! Love to see how He hears and answers!! LOVE IT!!

Thanks for the reminder of my attitude towards homework. Needed that today! I have a tender hearted one too who cries when things go wrong. UGH. Thanks.
Love ya -
Val