Saturday, January 24, 2009

My Inheritance

In August of 2008, I attended a Beth Moore Living Proof Live conference. These are my notes from what I heard during that time. These 8 points are very important to understanding who we are in Christ. As a believer, Your Father is a King, and YES – you are an heir. Even if you are a Hillbilly one!


1) I am an heir of God – My life is not left to chance.
God works through natural events as well as the supernatural; fate has no control.
Esther 4:14, “If you keep silent at this time, liberation and deliverance will come to the Jewish people from another place, but you and your father's house will be destroyed. Who knows, perhaps you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this."

2) I am an heir of God – I am inheriting a kingdom.
We will “live” in eternity. We will “live” in a literal place – a kingdom.
Matthew 25:34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.’”

3) I am an heir of God – He is my portion and I am His.
God’s treasured possession is people. Your God considers you wealth and value beyond silver and gold. His own people are His inheritance.
Deuteronomy 4:20 “But as for you, the Lord took you and brought you out of the smelting furnace, out of Egypt, to be the people of His inheritance, as you now are.”


4) I am an heir of God – The down payment has been made.
God’s inheritance trumps anything else that you’ve inherited. Don’t just use your past as an excuse. You can do all things through Christ ---- You can be set free.


5) I am an heir of God – My boundary lines form a pleasing place.
Think about your life as land with boundaries. Your Faith should be the capitol city. Surrounding your faith are things like: intimacy with God, life experiences, your past and your giftings.
Ephesians 4:27 “and do not give the devil a foothold.” Where is the enemy standing on your land?

6) I am an heir of God – The will has been activated.
In order for a will to be activated, someone has to die.
Galatians 4:1- 7; Hebrews 9:15 -17

7) I am an heir of God – I can be secure.
Our security should be found in Christ --- not in the affirmation of others. If we need a “pat on the back” from someone, then we have put that person in Christ’s place.
Colossians 3:23-24 “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.”

This is one of my favorite “Beth Moore” lines of all time – “If you are constantly saying, ‘Woe is me – I just live a the church.’ Well then, go home. Don’t look for martyrdom in your stress!”


8) I am an heir of God – I have a beautiful inheritance.
II Timothy 4: 7 “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.” When you are in a “fight” or a “race” - you don’t finish with a powdered face and your lipstick on! No – you are sweaty, dirty and most likely bruised or even bleeding. But our fight is beautiful to our Lord. Isaiah 61:3 says that He will “…bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oak of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of HIS splendor.” 61:7 “Instead of their shame my people will receive a double portion, and instead of disgrace they will rejoice in their inheritance’; and so they will inherit a double portion in their land, and everlasting joy will be theirs.”

No comments: