Monday, May 19, 2008

God's Calling You To Move Where?????





"For Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard. And how can they hear without someone preaching to them. And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, 'How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!'"


Romans 10: 13-15



Here is a picture taken just last night. On the right is my daughter Cassidy and on the left is her sweet friend Shelby Fuller. I look at this picture today with so many emotions. Mostly excitement, joy, thankfulness, but with just a touch of selfishness.


You see, Cassidy's sweet friend, Shelby, has a precious family that is very dear to my heart. Her father, Greg, and mom, Shelly, came to our church over 3 years ago to serve as our Youth Pastor. Shelly was very pregnant at the time with their son Nash (a great friend to my little Jamison!) and I immediately wanted to get to know her more and make her feel welcomed. We clicked very quickly and an amazing friendship developed. We've laughed and cried together ---- and what I LOVE about Shelly is that there is more laughing than crying!! We've "added" to our family over these last several years. Me, just one little man, Jamison. Shelly, well...... they arrived at our church with just Shelby and they have added ----- Nash, Noelle, and Eden (who is just 5 months old).


Shelly has taught me to pray. As I have come to her about various concerns over the years, she has always been faithful to just stop and pray for me at that moment. With kids all over her, I've heard her say, "Kids, Mom's going to pray with Ms. Ginger now - so don't get too loud." That is something very few friends in my life have ever done with me before. I've been so thankful for the accountability group that we have been a part of. Shelly, another friend - Sondra, and I started praying together every week years ago. With the additions of children - it's been harder to get together, but I always know that both of them are just a phone call away and are willing to pray ASAP!


Something else that I have always loved about Shelly's family is just their pure hearts and obedience to God's will for their life. I think of the old gospel song .... "Wherever He Leads, I'll Go" That sums up the Fuller family. In every aspect of their life - in every decision they have made - I can testify that they simply say, "God, wherever You lead we will go."


Yesterday they made the official announcement in church that they would be leaving "us" and moving to Seattle. Yes, Seattle. This is something they have been praying about for months. And Greg will be involved with Church Planting in that area. Did you know that (I think I'm sharing this number right) over 90% of Seattle is unchurched?? That sounds crazy to me since I live in the Bible belt. All I've ever know is that there is supposed to be a church and a bank on every corner!!! And, when Shelly came to me to share the possibility of their move --- I knew they would go. It's just built into their character. As scary as it is - as far away from family as it is - they are more than willing to depend on God for their every need and just step out in pure obedience.


I will ALWAYS, thank my God every time I remember the Fullers. The example they have been for me and my family --- it's just immeasurable. It will only be on the other side of Heaven,m that they can grasp all the lives that have been changed just at our church alone. Oh, how beautiful are the feet that bring the Good News!

Today, I want us to think about two things.

1) Say a prayer today for that person in your life who has been a "Fuller" for you. As a Christian, God brings people into our life to encourage us and to help us grow --- pray for that person today.

2) Maybe you aren't being asked to move to Seattle, but is God asking something BIG from you. It's BIG to you, because it's an area where you have to move completely out of your comfort zone and there seems to be more questions than answers right now! If so, ask God to continue to direct you. Ask Him to confirm and close doors and tell Him .... that you are willing to step out in pure obedience.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice website. Beautiful words. Beautiful testimonies. God bless you and little ones, until His coming!!