Friday, January 4, 2008

He gently leads those that have young

January 4, 2008


"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young." Isaiah 40:11

I can't believe that I am in blog world! This has to be a God thing because this is completely out of my comfort zone. I don't like the computer and I'm confident it does NOT like me! So, here it goes --- my first official blog entry of my personal prayer journal (yikes, I'm nervous!!).

"God thank you that you care about my day -- and all the little details. Even though you designed them and you saw what happened - you desire for me to draw close to you by sharing my heart.

I'm grateful for the bed full of children I had last night. Me and three little people all in a queen size bed! You know my sleep was horrible, but you also know how important it is to my children to sleep with me while daddy is away. Thank you for Russ' safe travel. I pray that he accomplishes everything he needs to while on his business trip.

Father, I pray right now for my sweet Savannah and her ear issues. She woke early this morning screaming from a ruptured eardrum. I hated to see her in so much pain. This was her worst ear infection in a long time. But, how precious it was to just rock her, my 8 year old, for over an hour like a new born. I am so grateful that the other children stayed asleep so I could tend to her like I needed to. And God, I see how you have created her to be appreciative and I LOVE that. She said to me this afternoon - 'Mom, thanks for taking care of me so much today.' God, help me to continue to encourage her in the way you have created her.

You know one of my favorite verses from Psalms. 'You knit me together in my mother's womb...I am fearfully and wonderfully made...your eyes saw my unformed body...All the days ordained for me...before one came to be.' Lord, the days of my children are ordained. I pray that I use that time wisely and teach them your ways. God, you saw Cassidy's unformed body. You know the anxiety that at only 5 years old she holds in that tiny body you created. Today, I saw anxiety in her like never before. It scared me and I know that she is also terrified inside. Lord, help Russ and I - our families and her therapist know how to help her. She is so emotional and so tender. It breaks my heart to see her struggling with life at age 5! God, what will she do at 15??? Help me to remember to trust you in all things. That you will 'gather her in your arms and carry her close to your heart.'

And - I know you love the details, so go ahead and chuckle at this one. But PLEASE help me potty train Jamison!!! God give me patience to accomplish this trivial task. At times God, I feel like I shouldn't come to you with such small things - when so many people are hurting so deeply and would give anything if there only concern was potty training. But Lord, I know you are faithful. And, I need to be faithful in coming to you with the big stuff as well as the small stuff.

With this being the last official day of Christmas Break, ---- I guess that's why I have kids on my brain today. I have enjoyed everyday that they have been home. Next week will be a real adjustment. Help me get their schedules back on track.

And, as always! My quiet time went right along with what I needed for today. I was so glad to read in Isaiah where it says, 'he gently leads those who have young.' Lord, you KNOW I have young!!! And, if Russ would let me --- we would have more "young" - ha! Maybe not, oh - I don't know! By the way, where you the one that's put Savannah up to praying for that lately??? Well, if so - it's not that funny!! But, anyway - you do lead me gently. Someone once said to me (and you know they didn't mean it tacky!) - 'No wonder your house stays such a mess. I've never seen anyone spend so much time with their children.' God - I want to thank you for a messy house. I do spend a lot of time with my children and I feel that I do so mostly to your gentle leading. God, if I can have time in your word, my husband by my side and kids in my lap -- that's more than I could have ever hoped for! Thank you for being so gracious to me during these young mothering years.

And, Lord - in reading that verse - I can't help but pray for my precious friend Shelly who had her 4th baby just two weeks ago. God, hold Shelly in your arms and gently lead her also. She needs your strength and wisdom as she walks this path you made for her and Greg.

And, speaking of paths - guide my path and help me to see you at work around. It makes me nervous to even pray this part, but I pray that Russ and I learn to trust you more. Please make Russ' trip home tomorrow safe. We are so excited to see him!

Amen"

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Ginger! I'm so excited for you because I can tell that you are allowing God to work through you by using your gifts He gave you!
You are a talented writer too! You kept my interest the entire blog - that's an accomplishment REALLY.
I can relate to your emotions of motherhood...it is so fleeting,that it's scary! We have no choice but to trust Him.
Hope to see you in Cheer world soon. :)

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

yeah - your first post!!!!!!!!! didn't it feel good!!! yeah!!!!

proud for you!!!

Leigh

Anonymous said...

Your blog is a blessing! Keep on going, with it, please!